Note: This blog post continues our exploration of what to look for in a Medical Records System Electronics. Read our previous blog posts to learn more tips.
Most ECE systems in the current market can address the basic problems that centers face health, even if the solutions are somewhat inelegant. But as requirements increase in complexity, the number of ECE systems that can be adapted to these challenges is drastically reduced.
Take the example of setting up calendars and schedule treatment appointments for chemotherapy. There are a number of factors very complex that make this a particularly difficult problem to solve. solve:
- Patients do not need to be assigned to a specific exam room. They only need a Reposet available within a Reposets room.
- The treatment of each patient can last different amounts of time. So, although a patient may need a 15 minute treatment, another patient may need 2 hours.
- There are blocks of time available, such as una sesión matutina de 8 am a mediodía, y dentro de cada uno de esos bloques de time, the scheduler needs to know if a Reposet is available during the time a patient needs it.
- Some patients need only chemotherapy treatments, while other patients need quimioterapia y tratamiento con oxígeno, y otros posibles tratamientos additional.
- The correct amount of medications should be available to patients. If they are not, they cannot afford more appointments, even if Reposets are available.
- Once the patient receives treatment for the first round of chemotherapy, sometimes the doctor wants the nursing staff order the next round of treatment medications and schedule a treatment appointment, and sometimes the doctor wants to see the patient first.
- At the time of treatment, the staff The nursing staff may determine that the treatment is not feasible (because the patient has a fever, etc.), which may result in treatment rescheduled or a new consultation with a doctor.
As you can deduce from this list of requirements, create a solution that elegantly and seamlessly addresses All these demands are not easy. And as you also know, this is just a example of the many complex processes that care centers face medical. Some of these processes are common in all centers, while while others are unique to a particular center. The ECE system chosen must accommodate all processes, regardless of their complexity and, perhaps, Most importantly, arrange them in an intuitive and easy-to-learn way.
Fortunately, our experience of work hand in hand with a wide range of healthcare providers to understanding your unique workflows has given us the experience needed to address challenges such as chemotherapy scheduling. Al Working closely with cancer hospitals in multiple countries, HarmoniMD® now offers an elegant solution:
- Setting the time for an appointment is done by choosing a time from the list of available times within a selected time interval.
- The system shows the available hours for an appointment by looking at all the appointments for the day and seeing what times will allow an appointment of the requested duration.
- The system will not book more appointments than that there are Reposets available for any time of the day.
- The system allows appointments to be moved to end of a time interval but not at the end of the day.
- If the appointment cannot be accommodated time interval, or if the appointment would occur at the end of the day, it is not will offer no schedule, and the user must choose a time interval different.
- The programming system is integrated with the pharmacy department, alerting the pharmacy of all medications that must be ordered for each time interval. This allows the pharmacy Order medications for scheduled delivery for treatments.
- Our patented Electronic Clinical Document (ECD) technology is used to save a complete treatment protocol in one document that covers all treatment visits. (All treatment protocols are defined by your clinical staff). At the initial consultation, the physician selects the appropriate DCE with the necessary treatment protocol, uses the DCE to order medications for the first treatment, and indicates how many treatments the nursing staff can administer (and order medications) before requiring another consultation. (Read more about our DCEs in our February 2020 blog.)
- Treatment can be cancelled, be rescheduled at a later date, and if necessary, the patient can be scheduled to see a doctor before the next treatment.
Although the central structure of the Chemotherapy scheduling tends to be the same regardless of facility or the country, of course, there are unique needs based on a variety of factors, including the type of cancer being treated. The beauty of HarmoniMD is that our specific needs are not sacrificed with our specific solution. On the contrary, variations are easily accommodated.
Rest assured: we have the experience, based on thousands of hours of working with a variety of doctors, to understand the complex processes faced by healthcare providers like you. We would love to partner with you to meet your unique needs. Contact us today for a demo.